This was a clip from a class we taught on June 8th, 2013. Little did I know we were headed for a dip in the markets over the coming weeks. Regardless, the information is timeless and will help you over the years to come when we have the inevitable ups and downs that go along with prudently investing.
I have attached a few of the charts for you so you can reference what we show in the class.
Investing is not easy. Almost every year we have downturns of 10% or more, and every year it is for different reasons. The next downturn will come from reasons unknown to us at the present time. Fortunately, we have some nice upturns in the markets too. Just like the downturns, they come when we least expect them.
For those that think they predicted this downturn, or the last downturn...you knew it was coming! Well downturns are easy to predict. They come 100% of the time after every upturn. The problem lies in trying to guess when they start and end.
Watch and learn in this video...
- Nothing works in a prudent diversified portfolio without a lifetime of discipline.
- Why you need to teach your kids this information - Pass on the video.
- If you knew in advance a recession was coming, would this information be useful when investing?
- Will the markets give you an all clear sign?
- Time and again markets come back, without notice, when things still look bad.
- Learn about all the unknown unpredictable future variables that go into future market prices.
- Ignore what you can't control and pay attention to what you can control. Learn what they are.
Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
Continue to learn, stay diversified according to your risk tolerance, stay disciplined, and rebalance. Education is your best defense against imprudent investing. Invest intelligently!
Dedicated to Your Peace of Mind,
John Borger and Scott Buchanan